Daily Archives: March 5, 2015
Plot: Epic adventure Exodus: Gods and Kings is the story of one man’s daring courage to take on the might of an empire. Using state of the art visual effects and 3D immersion, Scott brings new life to the story of the defiant leader Moses as he rises up against the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses, setting 600,000 slaves on a monumental journey of escape from Egypt and its terrifying cycle of deadly plagues.
Review: I have been waiting for this one for some time now, and when I finally got a chance to watch it, I was appalled by how Ridley Scott portrayed the epic story of the Hebrew exodus from Egypt.
I will say that the one good thing about this film was the cinematography and SPX. For that Mr Scott gets a bug thumbs up. Everything else…. Hmmm.. Only way to describe this film is by the following list, which I shall call: The Exodus According To Ridley Scott.
1. Instead of the whole interaction between God and Moses (as told in the MASTERPIECE The Ten Commandments), God (I AM) is portrayed as a young boy, while Moses is sinking in a mud pool
2. Ramses… The actor who played this should have looked to Yul Brynner for inspiration, as this guy’s performance was as enthralling and charismatic as a wet sponge.
3. The Plagues.. We all know the story here. Before a plague begins, Moses goes before Ramses and tells him to let the Hebrew people go. Ramses refuses, then a plague hits.. Not in this version however.
4. The Ten Commandments.. Some will know that it was the Hand Of God that wrote the Ten Commandments, and it was given to Moses to take to the people. In this version? Moses is in a cave, carving away the Commandments while the great I AM is serving him tea.
5. The Ark Of The Covenant. Everyone knows that the Ark Of The Covenant was gold plated, adorned with golden cherubim above the Ark. In this version? The sacred Ark is a wooden chest tucked into a woven basket.
6. Moses going into Canann? I don’t think so.
7. No parting of the Red Sea.
8. The Nile was turned into blood by Moses. In this version, it was the result of a mass of crocs.
9. There is more inconsistencies here but I will spare you from that
The only thing EPIC about this one was how historically inaccurate this EPIC piece of trash this movie was. Although the SPX were good, the rest of this was a waste of time.
Lord forbid if Hollywood directors decide to do a remake of the classic film, Gone With The Wind. No doubt if they do, they’ll end up calling it Gone With The Tornado.
Verdict: Save your time and watch The Ten Commandments.
Rating: 1 out of 10