VBT ~ The Productivity Book
Posted by authorcamilson
About the Book
Title: The Productivity Book
Author: Michael Brecht
Genre: Non-Fiction / Time Management
At Doodle, we understand that productivity isn’t how much you’re doing, it’s how much you get done. So, we spoke to 30 productivity and time management experts to figure out just how they do it. The result: The Doodle Productivity Book! It can’t make more hours in the day. But, it will show you how to get the most out of the time you do have, so you can work smarter, and not harder. Filled with personal stories, insightful anecdotes and sound advice, this book is a fresh examination of the habits that shape us—and how others have managed to break free of them.
- Since 02/2014 Doodle AG, Zurich/Berlin
- Since 2009 Founding Partner Tropfenjaeger
Online WineClub for selected clients in Europe.
- 3 years Founding Partner 52weine Wine Shopping Club
Exit to strategic Investor Pallhuber in Germany
- 5 years Goodingoo Media, Australia
Online Media, Marketing & Export Consulting Firm for Australian Businesses working in Asia
- 3 years knowledgeTools, Berlin
Strategy Consultant and Acquisition of Growth Capital for Founder
- 3 years Founding Partner and CEO of urbia.com
Leading family portal for the young family in Germany (today part of German Media company Gruner & Jahr)
- 2 years Board Member GE Capital IT Solutions, UK
Restructuring and Integration of UK subsidiary in European parent company, further growth with two acquisitions in the UK
- 7 years Managing Partner CompuNet, Berlin/Leipzig
Grew business from 5 to 300 employees in Berlin and former Eastern Germany, Exit to GE Capital subsidiary
- 1984-89 WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management
Focus on Entrepreneurship, Finance and Marketing
- 1982-84 Trainee at Deutsche Bank AG in Duesseldorf
Win 5 Doodle premium accounts (value: $49 each)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Quote Laura Stack:
What are some of your favorite productivity tips & apps?
Obviously, I love Doodle! I use it to schedule client conference calls and I talk about it in my presentations! Other apps I like:
TripIt. I use this for plane, hotel, directions and ground transportation. Simply forward your confirmation emails and TripIt automatically populates your digital itineraries. It also means I can access all my details on my phone as I’m walking through the airport.
Evernote. Sync content from the cloud to your desktop, laptop, tablet and smartphone. When I see an article I like online, I simply right-click, clip the page, file it in a Notebook and tag it for easy searching. I drag large PDF documents into new Notes to read on upcoming business trips. I use Evernote in conjunction with my Livescribe Smartpen, so my handwritten notes from meetings and conference calls sync through Wi-Fi to my online account. I can listen to recordings right before meetings to refresh my memory.
TouchDown. Microsoft Outlook users can sync their data to their phones, which is really handy, except the native apps require them to tap multiple icons to access different modules. Instead, I use the TouchDown ActiveSync Exchange client. This allows me to click ONE icon to access my Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes, as well as handle Out of Office and Rule settings.
Square. My smartphone is a portable credit card processing machine. Using a small scanner that plugs into the earphone jack, I can accept payments for things like book sales and speaking fees. I slide the card through the scanner, enter the dollar amount and ask the buyer to sign with a fingertip. The buyer can enter an email address to receive a receipt.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)