Posted by authorcamilson
About the Book:
Title: Uneven Exchange
Author: S.K. Derban
Publisher: Limitless Publishing
Like fire and ice, Alexandra Callet’s life runs hot and cold.
At the age of thirty-three, Alexandra owns a stunning home and a successful interior design company. But she is in love with her business partner, Jake Taylor, and he doesn’t even seem to realize she’s a woman. She should be on top of the world, but instead she feels dragged down by the void in her heart. Hoping for answers, she decides a trip to Mexico might soothe her soul.
Jake Taylor only pretends to be a confirmed bachelor.
Jake has been entranced by Alexandra’s determination and exotic beauty since the moment they met, but she has no idea how he feels. He considers confessing his love, but fears jeopardizing their friendship and business. He’s caught in a web of pretending he doesn’t care, and doesn’t see a way out of it.
Alexandra is recruited for a dangerous mission.
Following her trip to Mexico, her resemblance to a member of an assassin’s family leads Alexandra to be recruited by the DEA. Her training leaves her distracted, and her business begins to suffer. Jake notices her sudden change, and feels her slipping both personally and professionally beyond his reach. Should he finally take the chance…before it’s too late? After all, he has nothing to lose.
However, when Alexandra returns to Mexico for her mission, things go terribly wrong.
Will she be able find the strength to fight and escape the
peaceful haven that has now become her prison? Or will Jake lose Alexandra forever…
Two DEA agents, both in casual attire, glanced at the woman riding by. Conner’s brief glimpse immediately became an intense stare as he wondered if Armando experienced the same observation. He dared not look away, afraid even a quick turn of his head would make her disappear. Neither spoke until she peddled past. “It couldn’t be, could it?” Armando asked first.
While tugging at the rim of his baseball cap Conner scrutinized his partner. “Then you saw what I saw!” he exclaimed. “I don’t know how it’s possible. We just left her in Cancun.” Conner’s energetic eyes studied the back of their subject with interest. Shaking his head, he continued, “No, and the hair is definitely a different color. Wow! But it sure looks like her.”
“You’re telling me. This is unbelievable! Vamos amigo,” Armando said. “Come on! Let’s follow her and get a closer look.”
With a soft jog, the twosome began following the female rider. Conner knew they should be more worried about losing her than being noticed, and within seconds, they finished jogging on the uneven wooden pier planks and stepped onto the dirt road. The agents then turned left as their target slowed.
About the Author
Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, S.K. Derban moved to London within the first three months, and remained in England until the age of five. Her mother, born and raised in the United Kingdom, was involved with the London Royal Ballet Company, and a great fan of the arts. Even after returning to the United States, S.K. Derban’s life was filled with a love of the theatre and a passion for British murder mysteries. Her personal travel and missionary adventures also help to transport readers virtually across the globe. S.K. Derban has smuggled Bibles into China on five separate occasions, and has been to Israel on seven missionary trips. When writing, she relies on all aspects of her life, from a strong faith in the Lord, to her unique combination of professional experience. The many personal adventures of S.K. Derban are readily apparent as they shine through into her characters.
Her latest book is the mystery romance, Uneven Exchange.
For More Information
• Visit S.K. Derban’s website.
• Connect with S.K. on Facebook and Twitter.
• Find out more about S.K. at Goodreads.
• Visit S.K.’s blog.
Ten Things You Might Not Know About S.K. Derban
- Robert Ludlum is my favorite author. I mourned his passing as if I lost a dear friend. Although I read action thrillers, I write mystery romance.
- Writing mystery romance is my way creating a “Dinner plus Dessert book!” When I do read romance, I miss the mystery. When I read romantic suspense, the outcome seems inevitable. My goal is to provide readers with a satisfying meal of solving a mystery, along with the dessert of a romantic conclusion.
- My creativity soars when I am either hiking or biking. I feel blessed to live in San Diego, with an amazing climate. Even in the winter, my husband and I are able to bicycle ride along the beach.
- I am an organization nut! My organization skills were handed down by my mum, a wonderful English woman who could out organize the best!
- Whenever possible, I try to make all of my own natural cleaning products.
- In order to share my love of using natural cleaning products and also my talent for organizing, I created a blog. The blog name of HINTS is an acronym for Helpful household advice, Innovative ideas, Natural alternatives, Time saving tips, and Simple solutions.
- Yellowstone is one of my favorite places on earth. Many of my story ideas are the result of hiking in what I refer to as God’s country.
- When I write dialogue, I pace and act out the scenes.
- If I feel writer’s block coming, I get up and sort laundry!
- I use both hands while writing in order to keep both sides of my brain active. Although I am right handed, I purposefully use a left computer mouse. When I first made the switch, I instantly felt my creativity soar! Who knew?
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)